Only one more week to go in the One Room Challenge! And it’s getting down to crunch time as I’m wrapping up the details on Lola’s room, all while trying to plan her 10th birthday party coming up this weekend! Whew!
Each project in the room I’ve done so far has become my new favorite and I’m loving how it’s all coming together! This week, it’s the new fur desk chair I made over from a discounted salvage store find!
Here’s how I found it…
(This post contains affiliate links which help to support this blog.)
I wasn’t sure if I was going to be able to convince Lola that I could give it the girly look we were going for, but she trusted me to try! So, I took off the chair’s seat and back and got to work!
First, I sprayed it with my favorite gold Krylon paint…
And while that was drying, I got to work covering the seat and back with my favorite Mongolian fur fabric I’ve used on so many projects before! It is a fabulous quality and color. You can order it here.
I padded the seat with a little batting, then wrapped and stapled the fur in place.
For the seat back, I cut and sewed a “slipcover” to the correct size.
Then, I sewed the end up wth a needle and thread!
Once the paint on the frame was dry, I re-attached the seat and back and it was done!
We are loving how it works for the room!
Looking forward to the big reveal coming next week! For now, be sure to check out the other participants in the One Room Challenge here!